Application for Tech Kahuna
The Tech Kahuna obviously needs strong technical skills, as described in detail below. There is a big difference between supporting a single network of many users and supporting many different networks with many different users. The Tech Kahuna needs to be a fearless improviser, able to shift from large environments to small installations and back very quickly, often within the same day or hour, and often in office scenarios that you couldn’t predict. We operate in teams, not tiers, and we only look for what the industry would refer to as “Level 3 ability” to join our team.
In addition to the strong technical, troubleshooting and analysis skills, the Tech Kahuna will need strong communication skills, both verbal and written. You need to combine your excellent problem-solving skills with a helpful, friendly and patient attitude. We track everything in ConnectWise and expect all Tech Kahunas to document their work and time in that system. This documentation must be readable by our technical and non-technical clients. And while the LOLs are appreciated on our internal messaging, U R expected to use grammar that is “Teh Awesum.”
Finally, Kokua Technologies values a collaborative approach. Not only do our clients ask us for help, but all of our Tech Kahunas ask each other for help, from simple questions to complex projects. We don’t expect every Tech Kahuna to have experience with every variation of every technology (as described below), rather our goal is that you are comfortable working on a project in tandem with other Tech Kahunas both at a client location and remotely.
Mercenaries don’t have aloha spirit.
Our recruiting motto is simple….. “You must be at least this tall to ride this ride.”
- Installation and Configuration of Managed Switches
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Windows Small Business Server
- Active Directory Configuration
- TCP/IP Configuration (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Email Protocols (POP3, IMAP)
- Exchange, Office 365, Google Apps
- Virtualization, Hypervisors, ESXI
- Cisco Network Administration
- Linux/Unix Administration
- Firewall Configuration
- Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7
- Macintosh OS X (10.5 through 10.8)
- Mobile Device Configuration (iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- Security, Antivirus, Malware Removal
- Build/Repair Hardware
- Ability to work in fast-pace environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to learn proprietary IT management software (ConnectWise) that manages customer information, issue tracking, and scheduling. Experience with ConnectWise is a plus, but not required.
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers’ license as the Tech Kahuna is often asked to drive to a client location.
Tech Kahunas are paid a higher hourly rate but only on billable time. Your hourly rate is based on your experience. It is expected that you are available during normal business hours (9am – 5pm), but we allow Tech Kahunas to set their own schedule and take full and partial days as needed to keep their work and personal life in balance. After 90 days, you will be eligible to participate in the group health insurance through Kokua Technologies.